Sunday, November 4, 2012

Sonnet

I'm no poet but I do like stories.


I like figuring out plots in movies and books and I think it be pretty fun to figure this sonnet out.

From Visions
Francesco Petrarch (1304-1374)

Being one day at my window all alone,
So manie strange things happened me to see,
As much as it grieveth me to think thereon.
At my right hand a hynde appear'd to mee,
So faire as mote the greatest god delite;
Two eager dogs did her pursue in chace.
Of which the one was blacke, the other white:
With deadly force so in their cruell race
They pincht the haunches of that gentle beast,
That at the last, and in short time, I spide,
Under a rocke,where she alas, opprest,
Fell to the ground, and there untimely dide.
Cruell death vanquishing so noble beautie
Oft makes me wayle so hard a desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment